Sunday, November 05, 2006

Big Game Tilt

Ungoddamedmotherfuckingreal. After building my stack up to around 4,200 after managing to get myself down to around 1,100, I find myself with TT and raise it to 666 from Mungo who had made it 366 (you know how Mungo loves those crazy bets). He calls. Flop is 83T rainbow, he checks, I bet 666, he pushes, I call. The only thing I am really worried about is that he was playing a 97 and hit an OESD. He shows 88 to my TT and I’m sitting pretty. 4 hits the turn and I’m getting ready to move into 2nd place, if not 1st in this, my first Big Game. River brings an 8 and I watch all my chips get shipped to Mungo. My jaw dropped as my brain processes what just happened. That damn Canuck must have had some pretty fucking huge horseshoe up his ass as he hit his one outer to send me to the rail.

Ah well, cant really complain about the way we played it. I’m sure when he bet he put me on a pocket pair or an AT and was happy to see me bet into his set. I was just as happy to see him push into my set so was I happy to make the call. I was near euphoric to see him show a set of 8’s as the whole table pretty much saw the pot shipping my way. The whole hand played out just the way you would want it to, except of course that part about him hitting his quads on river. It was nice to see that he took pretty good care of those chips, as he made 3rd place and got himself a nice little payday there.

And now for the obligatory tourney pimpage:

Monday: Monday’s at the Hoy (MATH)
Where: PokerStars
Buy-in: $20+2
Time: 22:00 ET
Password: hammer

Tuesday: WWdN (Name) Invitational (the Name changes, bust out the host; Wil Wheaton, and the next one is named after you).
Where: PokerStars
Buy-in: $10+1
Time: 20:30 ET
Password: monkey

Wednesday: The Mookie
Where: Full Tilt
Buy-in: $20+2
Time: 22:00 ET
Password: vegas1

Thursday: WWdN: Not the (Name) Invitational (the Name changes to the 2nd place finisher, ie, Not quite good enough!)
Where: PokerStars
Buy-in: $10+1
Time: 23:00 ET
Password: monkey

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

ouch. well played anyways.

Budo said...

Thanks Waffles, it still hurts to sit today after taking that one from Mungo.