Monday, August 28, 2006

Shoot Me Now!!

Working on a pricing update here at work. The thing that sucks the most is I do nearly everything electronically in Excel and Access. I have just been giving our competitors pricing data—in a printed copy. There is nothing I loathe more than having to manually input half a bajillion numbers into a spreadsheet. It is just plain wrong and there will be no way I can get it done in time, I’m just not that quick with this type of thing and after about 15-20 minutes or so my brain starts to zone out when doing this type of ‘work.’

On the poker front, the past week or so has been abysmal. I’ve been busting out early in the tourneys or losing a buy-in or two at the cash tables. The cards have been just cold cold cold and I have pretty much just been blinded out of my past two tourneys. What are the chances of playing two tourneys and not taking a single pot? Actually, that’s not entirely correct, one time when I was in the BB and it was folded around to me, the SB had chosen that hand to use the restroom so I got his blind by default when his hand was mucked when the action got to him and he was not in his seat. There’s an idea, maybe I should slip some diuretics into everyone’s drinks tonight to keep them off the table so I can steal blinds to the final table…

No comments: