Thursday, October 27, 2005

DHS=KGB

Well, now that Meiers is out, things should get interesting. Personally, I’m glad she’s gone, but now we just have to wonder, what’s next? Let’s face it, Bush does not give a rat’s ass about this country, so he just may pick someone else who meets his high standards of quality, ie, ‘I’ve known him/her for more than a decade.’

I can remember back to the 70-80’s in the Cold War era. The big thing was the Russians and the KGB Turn in your friends, family, neighbors, any threat to the state and they would be taken care of. Over there they had absolute power, search, seizure, no courts necessary, they could just do it.

Today, I can remember the 2000’s in the USA and the DHS. Turn in your friends, family, neighbors, any threat to the state and they would be taken care of. Over there they had absolute power, search, seizure, no courts necessary, they could just do it.

I for one find the similarities pretty fuckin’ scary and depressing.

No comments: