Monday, October 23, 2006

A Few Notes from Last Night

I don’t know about you, but I am freaking exhausted. Played one of the 100 FPP games on Stars for their WPT Caribbean Adventure. Game started at 9:00ish my time and I played until 2:30 am, and yes, I made it to the 10,000 FPP round two game!! Less than four hours later, time to get up and go to work.

I’m quite excited about this, as this will be the first time I have managed to win a seat to a second round game, bonus that it was a ‘free roll.’ Only handed out one major suckout all night. It was getting rather late; I was tired and had already lost about ½ my stack when I made a bad call. I was dealt ATo in the blind and called an EP min-raise. Flop gave me a ten so I bet the pot, got an all-in from EP and I called, after all, I would at least get my 100 FPP back and get to go to be. He showed Hiltons, but an A on the river sent him packing and pretty much put me back in the top 5.

One guy got me to chuckle when he called me a donkey for calling his 4x BB bet with an AKs and I hit 2 pair on the flop. This from the joker with a 76.3% VPIP. Crippled him on that hand and took him out the next orbit when he pushed with a 74o.

The one who irritated me was when there were three limpers and I had AQ s on the button so I raised it. Short stack pushed (only about 200 or 300 more) and everyone called. When the flop hit it missed me but the first to act pot bet and everyone folded. Ya know what he bet with? A flush DRAW! A J high flush Draw! What kind of a moron pushes people out of a pot with an all-in if they haven’t even made a hand yet!?! Well he missed his flush, neither his J nor his 4 hit, and shorty with 33 quadrupled up. Gotta love the morons with no concept of basic poker strategy in tourneys.

No comments: